Five additional cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Renfrew, bringing the total of confirmed cases in this area to seven.
The Renfrew County and District Health Unit (RCDHU) made the announcement Tuesday, describing each of the cases:
* 1. A woman in her sixties, tested in Ottawa at the Brewer Arena Assessment Center on March 16, 2020. She is at home in isolation and is being watched. Travel case.
* 2. A woman in her fifties, tested in Perth on March 29, 2020. She is at home in isolation and is being watched. No trip is associated with the onset of symptoms.
* 3. A man in his twenties who developed mild symptoms on March 22, 2020. He was tested at home by paramedics from Renfrew on March 28, 2020. He is currently at home in isolation and is being monitored. No trip is associated with the onset of symptoms.
* 4. A woman in her thirties who developed mild symptoms and was tested on March 19, 2020 at home by paramedics from Renfrew. She currently stays at home in isolation and is monitored. Travel case.
* 5. A woman in her thirties who developed symptoms and was admitted to the Pembroke Regional Hospital. She was tested on March 27, 2020. She is now out of the hospital and remains in segregation at home. Case associated with travel and close contact with a confirmed case.
The Health Unit indicated that all necessary precautions have been taken to ensure the safety of patients, the public and health care workers. RCDHU also manages cases and contact’s individuals and organizations involved. All concerned will receive specific instructions on self-isolation and self-monitoring depending on the exposure.
“We are seeing more cases in the community and we continue to work with our health system partners to keep the public safe. I cannot overstate the fact that it is up to everyone to practice social distancing.”Said the interim medical officer of health Dr. Robert Cushman. He invites everyone to be vigilant and respect the measures introduced by the levels of government.
Recall that a first death was reported in Renfrew County associated with COVID-19 in the last days. Another positive COVID-19 case was reported on Sunday in the territory of Renfrew, a woman in her thirties. To find out more: Renfrew: a first death and a second person with coronavirus.
Limit travel between Quebec and Ontario
Pontiac MRC prefect Jane Toller this week asked Pontiac residents to limit their trips outside the region. Recall that the Renfrew County and District Health Unit indicated, on March 25, that a Quebec resident working in the territory of the county and district of Renfrew has received a positive result from COVID-19.