Current show

CHIP FM

00:00 05:00


News

Local News


ballemolle.jpg

Provincial funding announced for upgrades to three local ball fields

11 July 2024 à 12:46 pm

Last week, it was announced that three local ball diamonds would be receiving upgrades with funding acquired through the provincial PAFIRSPA program. The funding covers 66% of the overall project cost, with the remaining 34% being supplied by the local applicants. All three recipients told CHIP 101.9 that the projects still had to go out […]


Read more

Shawville Lions Country Jamboree returning for 11th year next week

10 July 2024 à 3:22 pm

The Shawville Lions Country Jamboree is returning next week from Thursday to Sunday, bringing dozens of trailers and RVs to Armstrong Heritage Farm just outside town. Lions President and Clarendon Mayor Ed Walsh explained that this is the 11th year that the Lions have put on the event, after taking it on from previous organizers. […]


Read more

Quyon woman, 31, arrested for impaired driving Saturday

9 July 2024 à 4:22 pm

A 31-year-old Quyon woman was arrested on Saturday (July 6) at around 9:20 p.m. for driving with a blood alcohol level 2.5 times the legal limit. MRC des Collines Police were tipped off by a witness that the woman was departing an event taking place in town while intoxicated and officers intercepted her. In addition […]


Read more

Pontiac doctors pen open letter regarding imagery technician pay disparity

9 July 2024 à 3:31 pm

A group of Pontiac physicians have penned an open letter to Quebec’s Health Minister Christian Dubé, requesting that he urgently address the pay disparities for imagery technicians working at the Pontiac Hospital and other facilities in the region. The letter was published in this week’s edition of The Equity newspaper. “We are proud of the […]


Read more
sadc-pontiac.jpg

Deadline approaching for feedback on SADC’s strategic 5-year plan

8 July 2024 à 3:38 pm

The deadline is fast approaching for stakeholders to respond to SADC Pontiac’s survey on their 2024-29 strategic plan. SADCs are federally-funded non-profit organizations that offers economic development assistance for rural areas. Director Rhonda Perry explained that every time they renew their funding agreement with Economic Development Canada, they have to come up with a strategic […]


Read more

New refrigeration equipment to be installed at Fort-Coulonge arena

5 July 2024 à 4:01 pm

The ice at the Centre de Loisir des Draveurs in Fort-Coulonge should be top-notch this coming season, as some brand new refrigeration equipment is set to be installed at the end of the summer. Stephane Beland, the president of the arena committee, explained that they had needed to replace their aging equipment for some time. […]


Read more
rapides_des_joachims.jpg

Car show outgrows Swisha, to be held in Deep River

5 July 2024 à 10:38 am

After six years in Swisha, the seventh annual car show put on by the Rapides-des-Joachims Downtown Life Committee has had to move off the island, a victim of its own success. This year’s edition will be held at 87 Brockhouse Way in Deep River Ont. on Saturday July 13 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. […]


Read more

Tourisme Outaouais names new Director

4 July 2024 à 3:03 pm

Toursime Outaouais announced yesterday that they have a new Director, Geneviève Latulippe, following the departure of Julie Kinnear in May of this year. In a French-language interview with CHIP 101.9, Latulippe, who officially steps into the role on August 5, spoke about her vision for the organization’s future. With 20 years of experience in administration […]


Read more

Plan for Norway Bay pier repair moves ahead

3 July 2024 à 3:38 pm

The plan to repair the Norway Bay pier is in motion, as a proposal from the pier committee was unanimously accepted by Bristol council at their meeting on Tuesday evening (July 2). Following an engineer’s report in the spring that condemned the aged structure as unsafe, the popular community fixture was closed to the public. […]


Read more

Carrefour jeunesse-emploi looking to expand employer services, youth mental health workshops

2 July 2024 à 3:42 pm

On Thursday morning (June 27), the office of the Carrefour jeunesse-emploi du Pontiac was packed for their annual general meeting. The non-profit group has a wide variety of programs and courses aimed at youth employment and education. The meeting featured several testimonials from young people who had benefited from their time with the organization. Jessica […]


Read more