In a press release, the MRC Pontiac encourages residents to download the Government of Canada’s COVID-Alert app. The use of the COVID-Alert app is entirely voluntary. You are free to download the app, use it or remove it.
The COVID-Alert app functions:
- Notifies you if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19;
- Refers you to the relevant information concerning the steps to follow after you receive the exposure notification;
- Informs other app users when they have been close to a person who has reported testing positive to COVID-19 through the app, anonymously and without sharing personal information.
The COVID Alert app does not:
- Access, collect or archive your personal information or information on your health status;
- Use the GPS on your device and cannot determine your location or any other personal information.
The COVID-Alert app can be downloaded from the App Store for Apple users and from Google Play for Android users.
The links to download the application are available here.