COVID-19
Second case of COVID-19 confirmed in the Outaouais
CISSS de l’Outaouais’ update
Article published on 20 March 2020
logo imprimer
Noter cet article :
0 vote

A second case of COVID-19 has been confirmed in the Outaouais.

The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de l’Outaouais indicates that the person is from the Gatineau region, and was screened in Ontario. This person is currently in isolation at home and is doing “well”, according to the public health department. The CISSS de l’Outaouais CEO, Josée Filion.

Filion also came back on the first positive case announced this Wednesday in the region, which was hospitalized at the Hôpital Juif de Montréal.

So far, the Outaouais carried out 763 screening tests as of March 20th, of which 336 are awaiting results.

The screening clinic hours have been modified to meet current needs. It is now available from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. by appointment only, at 1-819-644-4545.

The CISSS de l’Outaouais expects to report new cases in the coming days. The health network adds that it will communicate with “any person, without exception, who has potentially had contact with confirmed cases”.

The health service continues to free up beds
The CISSS de l’Outaouais says it is continuing its actions to free beds in hospitals in the region. Patients awaiting accommodation are currently being moved to other facilities or resources in order to free up 100 short-term beds.

These actions will also pose a challenge in the network, because patients will have to be transferred outside of Gatineau, according to Josée Filion.

The province of Quebec has recorded 139 cases of COVID-19 to date, including 10 people hospitalized and 1 death. The federal capital has 19 positive cases. In the report released earlier by the Legault government, it was said that the situation is “still under control”.

If you have any questions about the novel coronavirus or if you experience symptoms, please contact 1-819-644-4545 and apply the hygiene measures implemented by the government.

Les Nouvelles du Pontiac

Warden Jane Toller is satisfied with François Legault's response

9 July 2020

MRC Pontiac warden Jane Toller said she was satisfied with the response of the Premier of Quebec, François Legault, to the question asked by Élizabeth Séguin of CHIP 101.9 about the project to create energy from household waste. In her daily update, Ms. Toller recalled that she had already met (...)

lire la suite

The Canadian Armed Forces apologize and thank the people of Mansfield for their understanding

9 July 2020

The Canadian Armed Forces have apologized to the public and to municipalities for the military drill that ended last Tuesday at the Davidson sawmill in Mansfield. They acknowledged that there was a lack of communication on their part and that this will not happen again. They wanted to thank (...)

lire la suite

The municipality of Otter Lake asks citizens to limit their use of water

9 July 2020

The municipality of Otter Lake is asking its citizens to limit their water consumption, due to the current heat conditions in the region. Those who wish to water their lawns are asked to do so between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. Remember that there is a heat warning in effect for the Pontiac this (...)

lire la suite

Physical assault of a police officer in Mansfield

9 July 2020

A man, possibly in psychological distress, physically assaulted a police officer from the Sûreté du Québec (SQ), on July 1, in the municipality of Mansfield-et-Pontefract. According to information provided by the SQ information officer, Sergeant Marc Tessier, the police received a call at around (...)

lire la suite

COVID-19 cases identified at Pierre-Janet Hospital

9 July 2020

An employee and three users from the Pierre-Janet hospital center in Gatineau were declared positive for COVID-19 at the start of the week. Josée Filion, president and chief executive officer of the Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de l'Outaouais, said that this new outbreak (...)

lire la suite

A 61 year-old man arrested for impaired driving in Mansfield

9 July 2020

On Tuesday, the Sûreté du Québec arrested a 61-year-old man from Fort-Coulonge for impaired driving following a regular roadside check in Mansfield. According to information released by the Sûreté at approximately 9:00 a.m., the man, who had been driving an off-road vehicle on Poirier Street, was (...)

lire la suite


Advertising