COVID-19
Rethinking the programming of ArtPontiac
Article published on 22 April 2020
last modification on 21 April 2020
logo imprimer
Noter cet article :
0 vote

The programming of the Association des artistes du Pontiac has also been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in the region.

Several activities planned in the coming months will have to be postponed, or reorganized in order to comply with the sanitary measures imposed by the Government of Quebec, as explained by ArtPontiac’s communications manager, Geneviève Has:

The organization committee will now have to find an alternative for their activities and face-to-face meetings, including the courses that are normally given at the stone school, in Portage-du-Fort.

The visual arts event entitled Interconnexion, which was organized for August and began preparations started several months ago, could also be postponed to a later date. The Association is currently awaiting clarifications from the ministère de la Culture et de Communications du Québec.

The organization is currently exploring different solutions that could be implemented to allow Pontiac artists to shine in a different way in the region. Geneviève Has gave examples of what could be organized.

Rent fees canceled at stone school
On April 15, the mayors of the MRC resolved to “waive” the rental fees for the stone school for two months, given the cancellation of several fundraising activities planned at the school due to the COVID-19. The mayors also expressed their appreciation “for the work and involvement of the Pontiac Artists’ Association within the community”. According to Geneviève Has, the rental remains the most important expense of the Association.

ArtPontiac finally said that, people generally turn to art during difficult times “to meet a deep social need”. The organization therefore encourages citizens to give shape to their imagination and invites them to share the fruit of their creations with the community.

The full interview in French with Geneviève Has is available here.

Les Nouvelles du Pontiac

Warden Jane Toller is satisfied with François Legault's response

9 July 2020

MRC Pontiac warden Jane Toller said she was satisfied with the response of the Premier of Quebec, François Legault, to the question asked by Élizabeth Séguin of CHIP 101.9 about the project to create energy from household waste. In her daily update, Ms. Toller recalled that she had already met (...)

lire la suite

The Canadian Armed Forces apologize and thank the people of Mansfield for their understanding

9 July 2020

The Canadian Armed Forces have apologized to the public and to municipalities for the military drill that ended last Tuesday at the Davidson sawmill in Mansfield. They acknowledged that there was a lack of communication on their part and that this will not happen again. They wanted to thank (...)

lire la suite

The municipality of Otter Lake asks citizens to limit their use of water

9 July 2020

The municipality of Otter Lake is asking its citizens to limit their water consumption, due to the current heat conditions in the region. Those who wish to water their lawns are asked to do so between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. Remember that there is a heat warning in effect for the Pontiac this (...)

lire la suite

Physical assault of a police officer in Mansfield

9 July 2020

A man, possibly in psychological distress, physically assaulted a police officer from the Sûreté du Québec (SQ), on July 1, in the municipality of Mansfield-et-Pontefract. According to information provided by the SQ information officer, Sergeant Marc Tessier, the police received a call at around (...)

lire la suite

COVID-19 cases identified at Pierre-Janet Hospital

9 July 2020

An employee and three users from the Pierre-Janet hospital center in Gatineau were declared positive for COVID-19 at the start of the week. Josée Filion, president and chief executive officer of the Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de l'Outaouais, said that this new outbreak (...)

lire la suite

A 61 year-old man arrested for impaired driving in Mansfield

9 July 2020

On Tuesday, the Sûreté du Québec arrested a 61-year-old man from Fort-Coulonge for impaired driving following a regular roadside check in Mansfield. According to information released by the Sûreté at approximately 9:00 a.m., the man, who had been driving an off-road vehicle on Poirier Street, was (...)

lire la suite


Advertising