The MRC Pontiac invites local organizations and stakeholders in the territory to participate in the new call for projects to support the outreach of the regions of the Regions and Rurality Fund (FRR).
In a press release, the MRC Pontiac indicates that for the 2020-2021 fiscal year, an amount of $ 2 million is reserved primarily for non-profit organizations (NPOs), cooperatives as well as social economy enterprises, the exception of companies in the financial sector and economic development organizations. Projects from
from the education network will also be accepted.
To be eligible, projects must have a regional reach, that is to say, they must have an influence on the territory of more than one MRC or equivalent organization. The projects must also respond to at least one of the priorities for the Outaouais, which is also at the heart of the Government Strategy to ensure the occupation and vitality of the territories 2018-2022.
In the same press release, the prefect of the MRC Pontiac, Jane Toller, said that she " encourages organizations and stakeholders in the Pontiac to take advantage of this funding opportunity offered through Component 1 of the Regions and Rurality Fund. ”
The five priorities for the Outaouais are:
• Catch up on the region’s historic backwardness in health and social services, education and
• Foster strong and sustainable development of communities based on solidarity and a
robust tie-up of rural and urban environments.
• Build a strong regional identity.
• Foster resilience in the face of climate change by ensuring sustainable development.
• Develop the economy and improve the competitive position in relation to the situation
border through innovation and diversification.