In a press release sent out today (September 1), le Centre intégré de Santé et de Services sociaux de l’Outaouais (CISSSO) confirms an outbreak of COVID-19 involving the restaurant-bar Le Shaker in Gatineau. Several workers at this restaurant have been confirmed as cases in the last few days and some worked during their contagious period between August 20 and 27, 2020. In addition, 3 cases recently reported to public health mentioned having frequented the same establishment as clients while they were contagious. All employees have been asked to be tested.
In order to detect cases quickly and to curb the spread of the virus, the public health department invites all customers who visited this place between August 20 and August 27 to get tested. To do so, call 1-877-644-4545 or consult the section of the CISSS de l’Outaouais website on screening: https://cisssoutaouais.gouv.qc.ca/covid-19/#depistage.
Reminder of public health measures to the population :
- Wear a face cover in closed or partially covered public places.
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from others.
- Limit your contacts as much as possible (10 people from 3 households maximum).
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based disinfectant if you do not have access to soap and water.
- Observe the rules of hygiene when you cough or sneeze: cover your mouth and nose with
- your arm or a handkerchief, throw away your handkerchief as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- Stay home if you have symptoms related to COVID-19 and get tested