Hydro Quebec has chosen the MRC Pontiac, among 5 MRCs across the province, for an investment of $10, 000 to host Cultural activities in the coming month as part of a new pilot project - les Journées de la Culture - celebrating of Québec Culture Month.
As for the MRC Pontiac, a large portion of the cultural activities will surround the presentation of Quebec-made films, with drive-ins screening being held in five different municipalities.
Sabrina Ayres, a commissioner for Economic Development at the MRC Pontiac:
According to Sabrina Ayres, the COVID-19 Pandemic has had a big influence in how the MRC Pontiac is organizing the activities.
All the activities are free and will be held from Friday, September 25 to Sunday, October 25 starting in the municipalities of Campbell’s Bay on Sept 26, then in Otter Lake on Oct 03, in Shawville on Oct 10, in Mansfield-et-Ponterfract on Oct 17 and in l’Isle-aux-Allumettes on Oct 24.
In addition to the Film presentations, the project will also include 3 days theatrical circus workshops for Pontiac youth, musical performances and other cultural activities for the seniors.
The activities taking place in the MRC Pontiac are as follows:
• ArtPontiac is hosting Souk’art, an art fair to be held outside the Stone School (28 Rue Mill, Portage-du-Fort, QC J0X 2T0) in Portage-du-Fort on Saturday, Sept. 26th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The Municipality of Campbell’s Bay is hosting a Drive-In Movie Night on Saturday, Sept. 26th starting at 7:30 p.m. near the RA (10-12 Rue Second, Campbell’s Bay, QC J0X 1K0). Popcorn will be provided free of charge, graciously donated by local municipal councillors. Billy-T’s Pizza will have a food truck on site, and The Junction are also offering a Movie-Night Promo before the show! The movie schedule is as follows:
o 7:30 p.m. – Frisson des collines, par Richard Roy (2011)
o 9:30 p.m. – Dirty Dancing, by Emile Ardolino (1987)
• The Municipality of Otter Lake is hosting a Drive-In Movie Night on Saturday, Oct. 3rd at 7:30 p.m. at the Raymond Johnston Community Centre (394 Tessier St, Otter Lake, Quebec J0X 2P0). The movie schedule is as follows:
o 7:30 p.m. – Un été sans point ni coup sûr, par Francis Leclerc (2008)
o 9:30 p.m. – Trolls World Tour, by Walt Dohrn (2020)
• The Pontiac Agricultural Society is hosting a Drive-In Movie Night on Saturday, Oct. 10th at 7:30 p.m. at the Shawville Fair Grounds (215 Rue Lang, Shawville, QC J0X 2Y0). The movie schedule is as follows:
o 7:30 p.m. – De Père en Flic, par Émile Gaudreault (2009)
o 9:30 p.m. – Feature film in English, to be announced!
•La Maison des Jeunes du Pontiac (430 rue Bristol, Shawville, QC J0X 2Y0) is hosting a performance workshop for local youth animated by Christian Ferland, circus performer and cultural educator. His program titled ‘Cirque et Plein Potentiel: Un cerveau pour aller haut’ will run from Oct. 14th to 16th.
• The Municipality of Mansfield-et-Pontefract is hosting a Drive-In Movie Night on Saturday, Oct. 17th at 7:30 p.m. at the George Bryson House (312 à 314 rue PRINCIPALE, Mansfield-et-Pontefract, Québec, J0X 1R0). The movie schedule is as follows:
o 7:30 p.m. – Gerry, par Alain Desrochers (2011)
• The Municipality of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes is hosting a Drive-In Movie Night on Satuday, Oct. 24th at 7:30 p.m. outside the Harrington Hall (64 Ch. Pembroke, L’Isle-aux-Allumettes, J0X1M0). The movie schedule is as follows:
o 7:30 p.m. – La légende de Sarila par Nancy Florence Savard (2012)
• The CISSSO will welcome songwriter Chantal Larivière to entertain the seniors living at the CHSLD Pontiac on Oct. 1 and 2nd. This event is closed to the public.
The full interview with Sabrina Ayres is available here.