COVID-19
Hospitals will limit their activities to emergencies only
Article published on 22 April 2020
last modification on 21 April 2020
logo imprimer
Noter cet article :
0 vote

For the next two weeks, activities in hospitals will be limited to emergencies only to free up resources.

The Premier of Quebec, François Legault, has agreed with the Féderation des Médecins Spécialists du Quebec assuring that urgent and semi-urgent surgeries will continue in the various hospitals.

“People who need urgent cancer or heart treatments will get it,” he said. Chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments will also continue for the patients.

The ministre de la Santé et des Services Sociaux, Danielle McCann reminded those who need care not to hesitate to ask for it.

This new measure aims to limit travelling back-and-forth between establishments and requests that priority be given to doctors who can be deployed full time for the next two weeks within seniors residences. The Premier said that it will also be better to have the same people working together every day in order to stabilize the situation in all establishments.

Les Nouvelles du Pontiac

“I'm not here to tell fairy tales” -Jane Toller

27 January 2021

Following the interview with the mayor of L'Isle-aux-Allumettes Winston Sunstrum, that according to his interpretation, the resolution surrounding the bio-park had been adopted, according to his understanding at the meeting of the mayors of the MRC Pontiac on January 20. The Warden of the MRC (...)

lire la suite

Jane Toller asks to adjust the rules according to the regions

27 January 2021

The Warden of the MRC Pontiac, Jane Toller, shares the opinion of the provincial deputy for Pontiac, André Fortin, or to try to adjust the public health instructions to the different situations experienced in the regions, when the curfew ends. CHIP101.9 · Clip - Jane Toller - Lifting of (...)

lire la suite

“It must be immensely frustrating for citizens” - André Fortin

27 January 2021

When asked about the situation on Île-du-Grand-Calumet, the MNA for Pontiac, André Fortin, addressed the issue of the most recent events in this municipality, stressing that it was deplorable for citizens to have to endure repeated episodes of this kind. “I put myself in the position of a tax (...)

lire la suite

Warden Jane Toller uses her veto

27 January 2021

Has the resolution on the bio-park tabled by the mayor of Bristol, Brent Orr, on January 20, been adopted or not? The Warden of the MRC Pontiac, Jane Toller, clarified that she was exercising her right of veto regarding the resolution on the bio-park, in accordance with article 142 of the (...)

lire la suite

Call for public vigilance following an outbreak of COVID-19 in the Rona of Val-des-Monts

26 January 2021

The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de l'Outaouais confirms an outbreak of Covid-19 among the staff of the RONA de Val-des-Monts, located at 1839 Route du Carrefour in Val-des-Monts. Indeed, 11 cases have been reported among the workers. The risk is considered low for (...)

lire la suite

André Fortin hopes to see fewer restrictions in order to revive certain sectors of the economy

26 January 2021

The MNA for Pontiac, André Fortin, is asking that the government of Quebec consider modifying certain measures surrounding the restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic, following the curfew scheduled until February 8. André Fortin hopes that measures can be put in place to help the economic recovery (...)

lire la suite


Advertising