COVID-19
Green light for day camps on June 22
Article published on 22 May 2020
logo imprimer
Noter cet article :
0 vote

Starting June 22, children will be able to attend day camps managed by municipalities, as planned by the Quebec government before the COVID-19 pandemic.

In order to enforce the hygiene and distancing measures surrounding the current context, the groups will be limited and the children will have to respect a physical distance of 2 meters.

It will therefore be a safe environment, according to the National Director of Public Health, Dr. Horacio Arruda, who stressed that deconfinement is taking place well outside the greater Montreal region:

Municipalities and organizations responsible for holding day camps will have to plan activities to promote the compliance with the rules of social distancing and to ensure the application of increased hygiene measures. The facilitator/children ratios will be reduced according to the requirements of the public health authorities. A guide was created for this purpose by the Association des camps du Québec.

The Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST) also made available a tool kit and a prevention guide for day camps.

Recruitment of facilitators: a problem?
The indications announced on Thursday pose a new challenge in recruiting facilitators, a problem raised by Premier François Legault, in his daily press briefing, Thursday.

The Premier also took advantage of his statement to appeal to adolescents and young adults to apply for jobs as day camp leaders. “The cities are looking for monitors. It’s a great experience to work all summer! I appeal to all young people! ", He said.

With regard to the organization of sleep away camps, since these require the application of additional measures which would prove difficult to comply with, the opening of this type of camp is postponed until the summer of 2021. In order to offering additional respite to families and caregivers, specialized camps for the disabled with accommodation will be able to operate during the summer period 2020.

Les Nouvelles du Pontiac

Warden Jane Toller is satisfied with François Legault's response

9 July 2020

MRC Pontiac warden Jane Toller said she was satisfied with the response of the Premier of Quebec, François Legault, to the question asked by Élizabeth Séguin of CHIP 101.9 about the project to create energy from household waste. In her daily update, Ms. Toller recalled that she had already met (...)

lire la suite

The Canadian Armed Forces apologize and thank the people of Mansfield for their understanding

9 July 2020

The Canadian Armed Forces have apologized to the public and to municipalities for the military drill that ended last Tuesday at the Davidson sawmill in Mansfield. They acknowledged that there was a lack of communication on their part and that this will not happen again. They wanted to thank (...)

lire la suite

The municipality of Otter Lake asks citizens to limit their use of water

9 July 2020

The municipality of Otter Lake is asking its citizens to limit their water consumption, due to the current heat conditions in the region. Those who wish to water their lawns are asked to do so between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. Remember that there is a heat warning in effect for the Pontiac this (...)

lire la suite

Physical assault of a police officer in Mansfield

9 July 2020

A man, possibly in psychological distress, physically assaulted a police officer from the Sûreté du Québec (SQ), on July 1, in the municipality of Mansfield-et-Pontefract. According to information provided by the SQ information officer, Sergeant Marc Tessier, the police received a call at around (...)

lire la suite

COVID-19 cases identified at Pierre-Janet Hospital

9 July 2020

An employee and three users from the Pierre-Janet hospital center in Gatineau were declared positive for COVID-19 at the start of the week. Josée Filion, president and chief executive officer of the Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de l'Outaouais, said that this new outbreak (...)

lire la suite

A 61 year-old man arrested for impaired driving in Mansfield

9 July 2020

On Tuesday, the Sûreté du Québec arrested a 61-year-old man from Fort-Coulonge for impaired driving following a regular roadside check in Mansfield. According to information released by the Sûreté at approximately 9:00 a.m., the man, who had been driving an off-road vehicle on Poirier Street, was (...)

lire la suite


Advertising