Pontiac MNA and the minister of transportation André Fortin has announced a grant of $353 415 in financial assistance to the municipality of Litchfield by the Government of Quebec. The grant will help pay for rehabilitation of bank road and the relocation of the intersection of Laforest road and highway 148. During the press conference Mr. Fortin spoke of the importance of moving the Laforest-148 intersection:
The amount by the provincial government only covers 75 percent of the work, the other 25 percent ($117 804) will be paid for by the municipality. Litchfield mayor Colleen Larivière explains;
The Government of Quebec has budgeted $70 million for road work across the province.