Educator/ Secondary school
The Jardin Éducatif du Pontiac is a non-profit organization whose mission is to offer re-education, reintegration and reorientation activities to youth who are experiencing difficulties. These children are referred by the school and/or by organisations who offer social services. Our objective is to prevent school and social drop out by:
Offering educational services to youth who have been momentarily removed from their school and who are at high risk of dropping out;
Preparing individualized intervention plans in collaboration with the schools and social workers;
Offering activities or information sessions that are related to the program in place;
Offering a re-education and reintegration program based on the development of work and social skills;
Operating a small scale organic farm or any other means that are judged to be pertinent and in line with the goals and objectives of the corporation
Collaborate with community organisations and workers.
Promoting healthy lifestyle
Encourage sustainable, ecological agricultural practices.
• Meet individual needs of the students by demonstrating flexibility and by using a variety of different approaches and teaching strategies.
• Implement individualized intervention plans.
• Develop workshops or activities that promote self-esteem, self-confidence, autonomy and accountability
• Develop the youth social and working skills
• Teach academic subjects, on an individual basis with the material provided by schools or with diverse pedagogical material;
• Promote healthy lifestyle
• Collaborate to the success of the garden and to the financial health of the organisation.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Certification/Bachelor in childhood education, special care counselling, kinesiology, teaching or any other relevant education and/or experience.
• Ability to establish trusting relationships with youth; be structured and efficient
• Fluently bilingual in French and English, oral and writing skills are an asset.
• Verification of criminal record.
Conditions of Employment:
• Full time Permanent position (with a probation period) 35 hrs per week
• Employment starts date, to be determined between mid-September and early October 2020.
• Salary: 16.74$ to 20.61$ per hour depending on qualifications and experience
• Workplace: 3 McCuaig Street, Campbell’s Bay, Québec, and Summertime 1595, 148 Hwy, Litchfield, Québec.
Send your cover letter and your resume before September 16, 2020, by mail or
by email to : m.riopel_directionjep outlook.com
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Martin Riopel, Director
Jardin éducatif du Pontiac
3, rue Mc Cuaig, C.P.29
Campbell’s Bay, QC,
Tel: 819 648-5402