Last Friday, after learning of the first confirmed case of the new Coronavirus, COVID-19, in Mont-Laurier, the MRC Pontiac issued a public message stating that the risks associated with the virus remains low in the region. It is however encouraged by the MRC Pontiac that citizens remain vigilant.
The MRC Pontiac also reminded residents of pertinent hygiene tips:
• Wash your hands often with warm running water and soap for at least 20 seconds
• Use an alcohol-based disinfectant if you do not have access to soap and water
• Observe hygiene rules when coughing or sneezing
• Cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs
• If you use a tissue, throw it away as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards
•People who might experience anxiety related to the COVID-19 can contact the Info-Social at 811, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.