The classes will be held in schools of the Hauts-Bois-de-l’Outaouais School Board for Wednesday.
To ensure the safety of students and staff, Public Health has issued some recommendations to follow during very hot days such as:
• Make sure children drink plenty of water, adults too should drink frequently throughout the day, even when you are not thirsty;
• Reduce physical activity or considerable physical effort;
• Adapt the pace and take more breaks;
• Plan activities at cooler times of the day;
• Wear clear, cool clothing.
The use of appliances such as fans or air conditioners already installed in classrooms may exceptionally be authorized this week. This permission was granted in connection with new suggestions from Public Health regarding ventilators and air conditioners, in the context of the current heat, and considering that the School Board does not accept the presence of people with symptoms that may be associated at COVID-19.
However, it is important to respect certain rules:
• The air flow caused by the appliances must not be directed towards the exit door of the room
• The air flow caused by the devices must not be directed towards the face
Remember that on the side of the Western Québec School Board, schools will be closed on Wednesday due to extreme heat which is scheduled for the day.