COVID-19 : “The game is not won”, says François Legault
Article published on 20 May 2020
logo imprimer
Noter cet article :
0 vote

“We are in the right direction to regain control of the virus, but the game is not won”,said Quebec Premier François Legault in his daily press briefing on Tuesday.

Not wishing to have to put Quebec on pause if the spread of the virus were to increase again, he reiterated the importance for the population to respect the instructions, and this, in all regions of Quebec.

“We are happy to gradually deconfinate ourselves. But I want to be clear: if contagion resumes, we will have no choice but to get back on pause. We don’t want that. And the best way to avoid it is to follow the instructions. We stay two meters, six feet away from the others. In public transport and in shops, we wear a mask. This is true everywhere in Quebec, and not just in Montreal.” - François Legault

The Premier warned that the deconfinement could be quickly curbed if a rise in data is noted. However, he hinted that new deconfinement measures will be announced soon and are to include hair salons, massage parlors, day camps and gatherings.

Quebec now has 44,197 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In Outaouais, there are 426, but none has been observed in the MRC Pontiac. The death toll stands at 3,647 in Quebec (11 in Outaouais).

To learn more about the coronavirus, the population is invited to consult the site Québec.ca/coronavirus. Information can be obtained using the coronavirus line at 819 644-4545 or 1 877 644-4545 (toll free).

Les Nouvelles du Pontiac

New COVID-19 case reported in Renfrew County circulated in the community

3 July 2020

The Renfrew County and District Health Unit (RCDHU) has confirmed that a person who tested positive for COVID-19 has visited the following locations in the past few weeks: • Walmart (Pembroke): Monday June 22, 2020, between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. • Shopper's Drug Mart (Petawawa): Wednesday June 24, (...)

lire la suite

The CSSHBO reopens its offices on July 6

3 July 2020

The Hauts-Bois-de-l'Outaouais School Service Center (CSSHBO) plans to reopen its Administrative Center, located at 331 rue du Couvent in Maniwaki, as of July 6. The offices had been closed to the community in the past few months, following recommendations from Public Health due to the COVID-19 (...)

lire la suite

Severe thunderstorms: still more than 2,000 Hydro-Québec clients customers in the dark in the Pontiac

3 July 2020

Still more than 2,000 Hydro-Québec customers are still without power, almost nine hours after the passage of severe thunderstorms in the Pontiac. The municipalities most affected by the weather conditions on Thursday evening are, among others, Mansfield-et-Pontefract, Otter Lake and Thorne. (...)

lire la suite

The St-Pierre Parish reopens under certain conditions

2 July 2020

Following the government's announcement of allowing gatherings of up to 50 people, churches across the province were allowed to reopen for masses and funerals on June 22. In an interview with Father Justin Bertrand, he explained how people will be allowed to gather for Church on Sundays. (...)

lire la suite

COVID-19 screenings now open to all

2 July 2020

Screening for COVID-19 is now available to anyone wishing to be screened by appointment only. The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de l'Outaouais recommends that people with symptoms of Covid-19 or who have been in contact with symptomatic people go for screening, recalling (...)

lire la suite

The 2020 edition of the Readers Choice Awards

2 July 2020

The Pontiac Journal launched the 8th annual Readers Choice Award in the June 3rd edition of the Journal. In an interview with the General Manager of the Journal, Lynne Lavery, this year, certain categories were adjusted in connection to the COVID-19 Pandemic. CHIP101.9 · Clip - Lynne Lavery - (...)

lire la suite


Advertising