The Table agroalimentaire de l’Outaouais has announced a 100% virtual edition of the Rendez-vous agroalimentaires de l’Outaouais, to allow farmers in the Outaouais to attend a series of testimonials from some of their peers on a variety of subjects ranging from running a growing business to the possible effects of the climate on different cultures.
In total, 11 free webinars, each lasting approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, will take place from February 9 to March 9, 2021, in French and in English.
In French :
• February 9: GRANDES CULTURES | Do more with less - Mr. Éric Lapierre, owner of the Ferme Duhamel Lapierre inc .;
• February 15: TRANSFORMATION | Product development at Fumoir Grizzly - Ms. Laura Boivin, President and CEO of Fumoir Grizzly;
• February 16: TRANSFORMATION | Managing growth without changing its nature - Ms. Marie-Ève StAmour, President and CEO of Boulangerie St-Donat;
• February 23: HORTICULTURAL PRODUCTION | How to reconcile expansion and farm transfer? - Ms. Florence Lefebvre St-Arnaud and Mr. Robert St-Arnaud, co-owners of the farm Organic Campanipol Gardens;
• February 24: BOVINE PRODUCTION | Use of an irrigation system on our pastures - Mr. Mathieu Palerme, co-owner of Ferme Palermo;
• February 25: RELIEVE | How to properly prepare your investments for a successful start - Mr. François Biron, owner of Ferme Chapeau Melon;
• Date to be determined: MARKETING | Turn your farm into a destination agri-tourism - Mrs. Annie Marcoux, co-owner of Bleuetière Marland.
In English :
• February 23: RELIEF | Planning Well Your Investments for a Successful Startup - M. François Biron, co-owner of Ferme Chapeau Melon;
• February 25: HORTICULTURAL PRODUCTION | How to Pinpoint a Farm’s Optimal Size - Mr. Jean-Paul Courtens, owner of Roxbury Farm;
• March 3: BOVINE PRODUCTION | Use of an Irrigation System on Our Pastures - M. Mathieu Palermo, co-owner of the Palermo Farm;
• March 9: SHEEP PRODUCTION | Sheep Production Evening - M. Christiaan Bellaar-Spruyt,
owner of Ferme Bellaar-Spruyt.
"The Rendez-vous agroalimentaires 2021 is the perfect opportunity for producers and
producers in the region to learn and discover new visions, approaches and techniques. Despite the multiplication of virtual conference offers, our programming stands out in that it gives voice to food artisans and stimulates exchanges between them, which seemed to us more important than ever given the context ”, believes the director of the Table agroalimentaire de l’Outaouais, Geneviève Grossenbacher.
"To ensure their sustainability and profitability, companies must adapt not only their practices, but also all of their entrepreneurial activities. In this spirit, the Rendez-vous agroalimentaires de l’Outaouais 2021 program will allow agricultural and agrifood entrepreneurs in the region to be supported in the acquisition of appropriate knowledge and in the development of their agricultural and entrepreneurial skills. Through our participation in these activities, we reiterate our commitment to support Outaouais businesses so that they remain innovative and prosperous, ”says the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, André Lamontagne. .
The Rendez-vous agroalimentaires de l’Outaouais are organized in partnership with the Outaouais Regional Directorate of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food. The full schedule of the Rendez-vous agroalimentaires de l’Outaouais 2021 and registration details are available on the activity’s website here. The full interview with the director of the Table agroalimentaire de l’Outaouais, Geneviève Grossenbacher, is available here.